King of the Rip TOURNAMENT
JUNE 1ST - SEPT 6TH
ENTRY FEE $500
Snapper and Kingfish 2021 Summer Series Official Rules
- Rules, including all printed rules and rules available at fishermanswharfporta.com are all subject to change. It is the responsibility of all participants of the tournament to abide by the tournament rules. Once entry form has been paid and signed, you have agreed to abide by the tournament policies.
- Entrants MUST comply with all Federal, State, and Local fishing regulations. Any illegal fish brought to be weighed-in will be disqualified from the tournament immediately.
- In the event that official regulators change season dates or close the seasons all together, the tournaments will change accordingly.
- Entry forms MUST be filled out at Port Aransas Fisherman’s Wharf, 900 Tarpon St. Port Aransas, TX. Entrants urged to keep entry form as proof of entry.
- You MUST be entered into the tournament, entry fees paid, and form signed, before departing to fishing grounds. If you have not been registered for the tournament, come back and weigh-in a fish, it will not be eligible for the tournament.
- Anglers may enter tournament at any time, it is a $500 dollar entry fee for the King of the Rip, categories for this tournament are Blackfin Tuna, Dorado, and Wahoo. The winner will be determined by the combined weight of each boats largest fish of each species weighed in. Once you have paid the entry fee and signed form, fish on!
- King of the Rip dates: June 1st to September 6th
- FISHING STARTS for Blackfin Tuna, Dorado, and Wahoo categories on June 1st at 12:01am.
- FISHING ENDS for Blackfin Tuna, Dorado, and Wahoo categories on September 6th at 11:59pm.
- All vessels must return through Port Aransas jetties, and may not stop at any other port.
- All fish must be brought to Fisherman’s Wharf on the boat it was caught on.
- Fish must be weighed in by an official weighmaster. The official weighmasters being Dee Wallace, Tray Clark, and Johnny Payne. The fish house is open from 9:00am- 7:00pm. Once fish has been weighed, the official weigh-in form will be filled out. Registered angler will receive a copy and will need to hold onto it as proof of weigh-in.
- Early or late weigh in can be arranged in advance, by tournament director’s approval. Tournament director- Dee Wallace, 361-815-1612.
- Weight will be the main form of competition, in case of a tiebreaker, after weight it will go to the time weighed in. The winner will be determined by the combined weight of each boats largest fish of each species weighed in.
- WINNERS will be announced for the King of the Rip on September 7th.
- Prize money will be equal to all entry fees minus 15%.
- THIS IS A WINNER TAKE ALL TOURNAMENT
- By entering this tournament, you agree to submit to polygraph. Officials can order a polygraph at any time.
- All participants fish at your own risk, we urge all anglers to make sound decisions when it comes to weather and abiding by fishing laws.
- Port Aransas Fisherman’s Wharf is not responsible for any accidents or injuries that may occur while fishing for any tournament.
- NO CANCELATIONS or refunds will be made. Once entered tournament, you may fish until the closing date.
Dee Wallace- 361-815-1612
Tray Clark- 361-960-4222
Johnny Payne- 361-437-8764
The first annual King of the Rip tournament is designed for the serious blue water enthusiast, whether fishing from a center console outboard or an offshore battlewagon!
This is a “boat tournament”, where the boat is the contestant and the winner will be determined by the total combined weight of the single biggest dorado, wahoo, and blackfin tuna.
It cost $500 to enter and will run from June 1st to September 6th. Get your boat name on the big check!